Technical services for the AIS Jorge Chavez International Airport, Lima
Aviation >> Technological solutions
Client: Lima Airport Partners (LAP)
Jorge Chavez International Airport was concessioned in 2001 to Lima Airport Partners (LAP), a consortium currently composed by Fraport AG, the International Finance Corporation and the private fund AC Capitales SAFI. This concession is expected to last until 2041. AERTEC was commissioned by LAP to provide consultancy services for the improvement of the Airport Information System (AIS) of the airport.
The main tasks developed are summarized as follows:
- Development and delivery of the Technical and Performance Specifications of the core ICT systems, to align them to the current industry state-of-art.
- Support in the preparation of the procurement of the delivery and installation of the systems.
- Support during the tendering phase in the selection of the systems vendor.
- Project management and technical support during the development and integration phase.
AIS systems included the following solutions:
- AODB (Airport Operational Data Base)
- Data Warehouse
- FMS (Flight Management System)
- RMS (Resource Management System)
- ESM/MW (Enterprise Service Bus/ Middleware)
AERTEC has undertaken the following tasks:
- Analysis of the existing information systems at LAP, identifying key operational and stakeholder requirements to stablish the strategy for core systems in the existing airport conditions and future airport extension
- BHS integration system from an AIS point of view
- Development of Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) for each of the key functions for resources and flight management
- Detailed examination and comparison between the definition of the existing system architecture and a) the needs of stakeholders and b) what would be expected to meet the standards and requirements for industry performance
- Definition of functional and technical requirements and the final architecture for ICT core systems
- Definition of the optimal shopping strategy and developing of the RFP and tender documents
- Market analysis to identify potential vendors to be invited to participate in the tender process
- Evaluation and assessment of vendor proposals and providing a recommendation to help LAP to make their final assistance
- Project management and technical supervision tasks during the definition, deployment and integration of the systems by the vendor