What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to the computer or mobile device of Users who visit a website. The cookies are sent back to the original website on every subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises them. Cookies can serve different purposes, such as letting users browse pages efficiently, remembering their preferences and, in general, improving their browsing experience.
How are cookies classified?
Depending on different classification criteria, cookies can be classified into the following types:
Based on the issuer of the cookie
- Internal cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Based on the life cycle of the cookie:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website, so none of them are registered on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained using these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. This allows us to provide a better experience by improving the content and use of the website.
- Permanent cookies: They are stored on the hard drive and read by the website every time the user visits the site. A permanent cookie has a set expiry date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are used to provide purchasing and registration services.
Based on the purpose for which cookies are used:
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow users to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services offered therein, such as tracking traffic and data communication, identifying the session, logging into restricted access areas, remembering the items that make up an order, completing the purchase process of an order, processing a request to register or participate in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing content for video or audio playback, or sharing content through social media.
- Customisation or preference cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with certain general characteristics being predefined depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional settings based on the area from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: These allow the processor of these cookies to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked. Information collected through these types of cookies is used to measure activity on a website, application, or platform, and to create browser profiles of users of such websites, applications, and platforms, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the usage data for service users.
- Advertising cookies: These are used to manage the advertising spaces that the operator may have included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which the advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are used to manage the advertising spaces that the operator has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behaviour, which is obtained by constantly monitoring their browsing habits. This allows a specific profile to be created in order to show advertising based on said profile.
Types of cookies used on the website
Below, we indicate the types of cookies used on the website, their purpose and the entity that manages them. You can view detailed information regarding each of these cookies and their expiry by accessing our Settings section:
Purpose: Technical cookies allow users to browse through a website and use the different options and services offered therein, including those we use to manage and run the website and provide its functions and services, such as tracking traffic and data communication, identifying the session or logging into restricted access areas.
Purpose: We use analytical and statistical cookies to quantify the number of users and visitors, and thus conduct statistical measurements and analyses of how Users use the service offered through our website. To do this, the user’s browsing of our web page is analysed in order to improve the products or services offered.
Expiry: One day.
Marketing and advertising:
Purpose: We use advertising and marketing cookies in order to analyse users’ online browsing habits so that we can show them advertising related to their browsing profile.
Expiry: Two months.
Setting up and disabling cookies
The following links provide all the information on how to set up or disable cookies on each browser:
In addition, Users can manage how cookies are stored on their web browser with tools such as the following:
For more information on cookies, you can read the Guide to Using cookies prepared by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Last updated: 23/Aug/2022