More connected aircraft (A/C connectivity)
AERTEC uses advanced techniques for aircraft control and connectivity, implementing data management functions, strategies and techniques.
AERTEC is involved in Airbus Operations’ cabin and cargo digitalisation campaign. AERTEC uses advanced techniques for aircraft control and connectivity, implementing data management functions, strategies and techniques for:
- the distribution compression and transmission of A/C data,
- including SDR and SDN for simplified and optimised network management,
- IoT and Big Data concepts for sensors/distributed systems, to provide continuous data streams to a connected network.
- machine Learning to generate valuable information and, more importantly, consistent information for decision-making.
- multi-purpose virtualisation techniques to increase capabilities and functionalities.
As part of Airbus’s cabin and cargo digitalisation campaign, AERTEC has completed the following projects:
Onboard Data Manager (ODM): system developed to manage all of the data generated by the new IoT-based cabin modules and the crew and other mobile user devices.
DataBird.MESH: project developed to run a custom application (ODM) in TQ DataBird.MESH Board using the OpenSynergy COQOS Hypervisor and a virtual machine.
Aerospace & Defence Division Director
A&D Systems Director
A&D Systems Business Development