– Closed –
We are currently seeking a well-organized and driven candidate to join our fast growing company which encourages professional development and support individuals which share our passion to succeed and generate results.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading a team of multi-functional engineers as and when the project required with an appropriate mix of skills to deliver the engineering solution as required by Airbus.
- Perform with flexibility and autonomy across a range of disciplines through jigs and tool management and design.
- Contribute to multiple live projects with a large degree of variability to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Work with a highly experienced team in a live project environment within an Airbus facility, fostering development and demonstration of leadership skills.
- Specification, design, monitoring of suppliers and development of all aeronautical jigs & tools.
- Manufacturing support – Troubleshooting support for AIRBUS project team.
- Liaising with the Airbus customers & developing relationships with tier 1 suppliers.
- Improving processes to reduce non value added activity while ensuring safety and product quality.
- Working with new and existing vendors to reduce cost on tooling.
- Working with CAD models to define BOM’s, and Tooling requirements.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers of engineering services at site.
- Supporting the development of the lean culture.
- Joining a multidisciplinary company with multinational presence.
- Full time permanent contract based in Broughton, Chester.
- Start date asap.
Number of vacancies
Minimum educational qualifications
Relevant Engineering Degree.
Five (5) years.
- Advanced knowledge of assembly jigs, Laser Tracker, experience in estimating.
- Specific knowledge of rules and tools of Airbus Operations. Experience in Airbus military programmes or other products (Boeing, Bombardier and Embraer) would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of aerostructures manufacturing and final assembly.
- Advanced command of English, other languages also valued.
- Eligible to work in UK is a must.
- Assembly jigs.
- Laser Tracker.
- Assembly Jigs Knowledge.
- Composite Tooling Knowledge.
- Airbus Operations Software Tools (MDM-R, PDM Link, EPD Connect.).
- SHAPE methodology.
- Airbus Operations Tooling Normative.
- CATIA V5 (or similar design system).
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint (high proficiency).