At AERTEC Solutions we develop engineering and consultancy services that are directly related to airport infrastructure. Among these services we offer the following:
¬ Studies and plans:
- Airport planning studies: These studies include masterplans and technical feasibility studies on existing or newly airports.
- Aeronautical safety studies: These analyse any obstacles which may possibly affect aviation, operational and radioelectric easements at airports. Flight procedures are analysed in order to determine whether the safety and regularity of operations may be affected.
- Flight procedure design and airspace studies: For both new airports and airports intending to develop their infrastructures.
- Operational safety surveillance plans at airport works: Its extensive experience in phasing works and its knowledge about day-to-day airport operations and applicable legislation allow AERTEC Solutions to draw up these plans for airport works contractors.
- Capacity studies and aircraft and/or passenger flow simulation: These form part of planning or design projects. They mainly use specialised software and benchmarking studies on similar airports, along with a critical analysis based on AERTEC Solutions’ extensive experience.
- Integrated noise models (INM): These models determine existing and/or foreseeable noise footprints by taking into account several factors, including traffic volumes, the aircraft mix, flight procedures, timetables and the terrain’s relief.
- Airport certification: AERTEC Solutions has extensive experience in providing advice to airports on how to prepare for and pass certification processes, including the process o implementing an operational safety management system (SMS).
- Integrated works management at airport infrastructures: AERTEC Solutions excels in this discipline and offers its clients an Integrated Works Management (IWM) Service. Its main aim is to manage, organise and optimise the resources involved in construction processes to ensure a top-quality infrastructure is attained that meets all the end client’s functionality, cost, timescale and quality requirements. It should be noted that all IWM Service’s procedures are integrated in the Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Plan AERTEC Solutions has implemented, which has been certified according to the UNE-EN-ISO 9001, UNE-EN-ISO-14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Preliminary, basic and construction project design for airfields: AERTEC Solutions benefits from well-trained human capital comprised of aeronautical, civil, electrical and telecommunications engineers having the technical now-how and experience needed to design airfields.
- Design of aircraft parking aprons and their associated systems: AERTEC Solutions specialises in the design of aircraft parking aprons and their associated systems. The design of the following elements is related to these infrastructures: paving, horizontal markers, ground lighting and special systems, such as visual docking guidance systems (VDGS), pre-conditioned air (PCA) units and ground power units (GPU), as well as apron lighting design and the design of service areas, roadways, etc.
- Visual aid design: ground lighting and signaling: Airfield ground lighting (AGL) is essential to ensure the safety of airport operations. AERTEC Solutions’ aeronautical and electrical engineers who have specialised in AGL know the international standards which apply and oer advice and engineering services for all kinds of lighting (non-precision approach runways and CAT I, II or III precision approach runways). Their experience not only covers traditional systems like standard tungsten lamps, but also advanced systems using LED and solar-powered solutions, and even state-of-the-art systems in this area like A-SMGCS or alternative AGL power supply solutions.
- Navaid design: radio equipment: The effects of obstacles on NavAids and their ideal location are studied, as are operational constraints resulting from any critical and sensitive areas defined. AERTEC Solutions also conducts studies and draws up strategies for the supply of new equipment, ranging from when the decision is taken on the type of equipment needed and its placement to managing its delivery and installation.
- Heliport and helipad design and administrative handling: AERTEC Solutions has a team of aeronautical specialists with experience in the design and planning of heliports and helipads, which provides integrated solutions to private and public clients for all kinds of activities medical emergencies, firefighting, maintenance, passenger transport, etc.).
¬ Airport infrastructure:
As an aeronautical engineering firm specialized in airport infrastructures, AERTEC Solutions has expertise in the design of emblematic airport buildings like control towers and other structures. Our capabilities and experience allow us to act as a consultant or the principal engineering firm to completely design a control tower, ranging from its initial planning, the establishment of its optimal location and height, equipment needs and its adaptation to international standards right up to its detailed design, which includes the architectural concept and basic design.
- Preliminary, basic and construction project design
- Passenger terminal design, including shopping areas and spaces
- Cargo terminal design
- VIP terminal design: general and corporate aviation
- Design of access routes, urbanisation and car parks (intermodality)
- Preliminary, basic and construction project design
- Electricity grid and substation design
- Emission centre design
- Rescue and fire extinction building design
- Hangar and MRO design
- Fuel plant and distribution system design
- Multiservice industrial building design: security, airlines, catering, etc.
¬ Airport architecture:
The coming together of engineering and architecture in an airport environment is an indispensable symbiosis.